Friday, June 25, 2010

Iceland June 24 bis

(Photo by aslaugsvava on Flickr)


Forgot to mention a restaurant I went to for a beer...and the forgetting pretty much describes it all.

I'd asked for a good place to go, was told by one tourist bureau that "Boston" was a good choice. She gave me wrong directions so I checked in with another one who'd never heard of it. They did an online search for me, found that it was a few block back towards town. Found it, but it wasn't open, despite its posted hours.

So I went to Svarta Kaffið,suggested by the tourist bureau a few doors down. I was only going to read and have a beer, but the soup some people had sounded good. It wasn't bad tasting, and it came in a nice bread bowl, but their "Mexican meat soup" means a cream of mushroom soup with turmeric and not a lot of meat. Flavor not bad, just not expected or special--and some more meat would have been nice. Beer--Gull and Polar--enjoyable but journeyman.

No comments:

Post a Comment